In this Sports massage course, modern and varied approaches to provide the sports massage therapist with the knowledge and techniques currently used in the field will be addressed. Students will also have the opportunity to chat with other sports massage therapists and share their successes and mistakes in their professional practice. The case studies presented in the course will serve as perfect examples for situations encountered in competition or in the clinic. The theoretical and practical parts of the course provide continuity in the apprenticeship of sports injuries and their clinical intervention. Neurological topics and modalities used by the sports massage therapists will be taught and practiced. The concept of muscle activation will be discussed and practiced targeting pain reduction and ROM improvement. Because the use of suction cups is more and more common in sports, the course will explore its use in all facets of the game.
Topics covered in the course:
- Neuropathy in sports
- Neural tension test
- Active neural slip
- Modality in sport
- Suction cups in sport
- Muscle activation in sport
- Analysis of fascia lines and their implications in sport
- Neuroproprioceptive taping (NPT) and dynamic taping (DT)
- Intervention with the client and advice to be provided
- More detailed examination of these areas: feet, trunk (abdomen), hands and head / neck.